January 29, 2009

Where have I been?


Me and my grandniece, Myla!

Here I am with Myla and Dillon. Dillon refused to smile...

So sorry I have not been able to leave a post...last Wednesday I was called out of town unexpectedly and jumped on a plane the next morning. My brother is making a move to live up here in the Northwest and "long story short"...his plans were forced to be sped up rather suddenly. I am from a large family of seven brothers and sisters...so we all banded together (I am the only one that had to come from a distance) everyone else lives in close proximity to my brother, and we put together a two day garage sale in no time at all. It was a complete success and we were able to raise much needed funds for his move and get rid of all the un-needed items accumulated from years and years of life. Amazing what you find you don't need when you are pushed to pare down your belongings so quickly! I speak from experience, having moved myself 10 times in the last 14 years!

I have stayed here to help go through, organize and pack the rest of his belongings. And we have been hard at work, staying up until 4am a few nights! After I return home to Portland, my husband will be flying down to California to drive back up with my brother for the last leg of this adventure!

Despite the hard work it has been really fun too...I have been able to visit with my siblings, parents and many nieces and nephews! I have been especially blessed to spend some special moments with my grandnephew, Dillon and my little jewel grandniece, Myla! We have managed to slip in a few tea parties and puzzle making sessions in the long days of hard work! I will be heading home on Sunday...and look forward to getting back to my family. I miss them terribly!

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay Cozy,
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. Oh don't you guys look darling! Shame on you Dillon no smiles ): I think you need a tickle.
    Hugs & Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother is so lucky to have you in his life! Tell Dillon I can see the smile ready to burt out. Good try buddy! ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by again to say thank you for the comment - I love the light box although Libby Lu has used it more than I have so far. I am trying to get John darling to create a tutorial. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being close to family in good times and bad is so special. It sounds like you have a wonderful closely knit family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss you already aunt carrie

    <3kelsi

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...