Breakfast is so important but time can be a crunch!
Whip up a batch of these mini-crustless quiches.
They freeze great and reheat in minutes as hot breakfast bites.
The lack of crust makes them a snap.
They are wonderful to have on hand for both kids and adults.
Just fill with their favorite morsels -- turkey sausage, cheese, mushrooms, peppers?
On a busy morning they can be quickly warmed in the microwave for...
breakfast on the go!
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage crumbled into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- Mushrooms, peppers, onions or your choice of "add-ins
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan. Saute the "add-ins" stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage/cheese mixture into each cup.
- Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 days or freeze for one month.
- To re-heat, remove from plastic wrap, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 30-60 secs.
- Omit the sausage for vegetarian style!