July 18, 2011

Day 5: a day in the life (& death of a GIANT zucchini)

Spinach Zucchini Lemon Dill Salad

Because my zucchini is so large...
I cute about 5" off the end and quartered it before thinly slicing.

I added lemon zest and the juice from 2 lemons.

I also chopped some fresh dill from my garden...
and added some tomatoes.

Some olive oil and vinegar...and pepper too!
I found these wonderful "Kohn" cruets recently...they work so well...
...no drips at all...
They twist several times to change the size of the opening.
(T.J. Maxx $5.99 ea.)

Let this salad  marinate a bit before serving...
it is fresh & wonderful....

There is still more to come...that Giant Zucchini just won't die!
See you tomorrow! 

Stay Cozy, Carrie

7 comments:

  1. Looking pretty good my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats one huge squash!sounds good though,,I love them,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The salad looks so fresh and delicious. This is one incredible zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so refreshing and delicious! Perfect for these hot hot summer days we're having here. Love that you added fresh dill from your garden too.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like a perfect salad for a hot and humid day like today

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to publish a Zucchini cookbook.......
    Call it "From A to Z with Zucchini".
    ( ya, I am brillaint..ha ha ha)
    BUT...I have been writing these down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No that looks like a great Summer Dish! What fun you have had with this Zucchini, thanks for sharing~ ox

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...