August 3, 2012

Berry Cobbler Cupcakes


What do you do when your family has a 
father/daughter berry picking day?
Make cobbler of course...
~side note: they were a hit at the office too~

FRESH BERRY UPSIDE DOWN COBBLER CUPCAKES

1/4 c. butter
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. grated orange peel
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. fresh berries (I used blueberries & blackberries)
CAKE BATTER: (or use a boxed cake mix)
1 1/2 c. sifted cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
FOR TOPPING: Melt butter and blend in 2/3 cup sugar, orange peel and vanilla. Add the berries and gently mix. With small cupcake scooper put the mixture in the bottom of 24 cupcake liners you have put in cupcake pans.
FOR CAKE BATTER: Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream butter with vanilla; add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk to mixture, beating only until smooth after each addition. Now using a regular sized cupcake scooper, scoop the batter over the berry mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes until lightly browned.

Serve with ice cream or whipped cream as desired...or just by themselves!

stay cozy, 
carrie

11 comments:

  1. OMG! this look delicious and my husband would die for it and yes we live in Oregon so we have loads of blackberries for this recipe. Thanks for sharing:_)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. those are the most delicious things I believe I've ever laid my eyes on! You are so talented!!!!!

    I will put these in my recipe box for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM I want to try this. so the fruit is on the bottom and then when you take the cupcake out of the pan the fruit stays nice and on the top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't that look yummy!

    M ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes...you take the paper off the cupcake and turn it upside down...the fruit stays on beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum....just what I need to make today as a friend is visiting and my freezer is filled with fresh frozen berries. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure come up with some clever ideas! I bet they taste as good has they look! yummy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am slobbering right now (not very lady like)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky me to visit on one of your cooking posts! Luckier still to spot the Pear Breakfast Cookies at the bottom of the post. We by some miracle have grown pears in our yard. Hope you have a great week! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does look so good..and cute too..love the size

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some fresh blueberries on hand and this recipe seems like a delicious way to use them. Thank you!

    One more thing, thank you for the brown bag popcorn. It has become our families favorite snack. I think of you each time I make it.

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...