A Fall Favorite...
Pumpkin Veggie Stew!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large can peeled & chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen peas or lima beans
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes, carrots, celery and peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Meanwhile saute the ground turkey until fully cooked. If desired, the last 10 -15 minutes add small pieces of broken spaghetti noodles. Stir in the pumpkin, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7-10 servings.
Stay Cozy, Carrie