February 20, 2018

A lavender gift to make...

Image result for lavender in the garden

lav·en·der
ˈlavəndər/
noun
  1. 1.
    a small aromatic evergreen shrub of the mint family, with narrow leaves and bluish-purple flowers. Lavender has been widely used in perfumery and medicine since ancient times.
  2. 2.
    a pale blue color with a trace of mauve.
verb
  1. 1.
    perfume with lavender.

Lavender is so special. It is beautiful fresh in the garden with its vibrant purple color....and still when it begins to dry out it continues to bless you with its beauty. 


Lavender has many uses besides its beauty...
The infused oil is used in homemade lotion bars, soap and whipped body butter. It can
be used topically to help with acne or skin irritations. Simmering dried lavender in a pot
of water with  citrus peels makes a natural air freshener.
And of course lavender is used in baking and cooking too.

Why not try making this lavender Sugar Scrub - au natural!
It smells fantastic, is a perfect exfoliator for sensitive skin and it is so easy to make!

See the source image

Combine 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon lavender essential oil in a medium-sized bowl. Spoon into storage container. (I use mason jars.)
This will make 4oz scrub.

A beautiful gift for yourself or a special friend!

Stay Cozy,
Carrie

12 comments:

  1. My daughter gave me a large jar of homemade lavender/sugar scrub at Christmas time. I love it!

    Have a great Tuesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavender and have tried to grow it several times but it always dies! It grows well here in Texas because I’ve seen it! Lavender Hills Farm is less than 50 miles from here and it grows by the acre! They have a festival there every year. I’m going to try growing it one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. We have lavender growing in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I love lavender . . . a couple years ago I mentioned how much I loved it and was trying to get it to grow in my garden and my sister-in-law says . . . oh it is a nuisance I dug mine all out and burned it. Believe me, my heart sunk :(
    This is my first visit to your blog and I love it. I've been going through some of your past posts. I hope you'll visit me, too :)
    Your newest follower,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore lavender and have been trying hard to grow it in my garden...so far on two bunches... but that’s better than none ( ha Ha)... I love everything lavender .. Thanks for the scrub recipe it will be fun to create with my Grand-daughter... Thanks for sharing ... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lavender, too....might try my hand at growing some this spring.
    The scrub sounds like perfect little gifts for family and friends...thanks so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie! Thanks for stopping at my blog.
    I love lavender and have made this scrub with my MOPS group. It's wonderful, and easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie,
    this really is a lovely Lavender-Gift! I am looking forward for my Lavender in summertime!
    Have a happy week,
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindas imagens Carrie. Adoro lavanda, é linda e cheirosa. Feliz dia. Cumprimentos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful! I love lavender! I am going to try this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've used sugar scrubs and they are so nice for your skin! Oh and you KNOW I love everything lavender! Thanks for the 'how to'! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make my scrub the same way, but use baking soda instead of sugar. Baking soda is antibacterial and you can adjust the scrub factor by adding more or less until it's right for you.

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...