February 21, 2018

A sticky situation...

Today, February 20th is "Sticky Bun Day"

Sticky buns a.k.a. cinnimon rolls, started with the Pennsylvania Dutch. They recreated a German pastry called Schnecken (snail) because when rolled they resembled snails. 

See the source image

There are many recipes you can find for these yummy buns. Most call for the traditional yeast method!  Albeit non-traditional...here is a very quick and easy way to make
sticky buns using store bought crescent rolls. 

See the source image

Unroll and separate the rolls and brush with melted butter. Then sprinkle with sugarcinnamon and chopped pecans, if you like. Roll them up, brush the tops with a little more butter and bake at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes. 
Drizzle with milk-and-powdered-sugar icing to finish them off! 
Healthy? No. Easy and delicious? Definitely, yes!

Stay Cozy,
Carrie

12 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! My daughter, Amber, used to make sticky buns from a can of biscuits when she was a little girl. I gave her the cookbook that’s uses name brands. I need to ask her to make some soon! I like your idea! I do have a tube of crescent dinner rolls in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't those look yummy!


    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made sticky buns in so long! These look delicious! I wanted to thank you for the kind words you left on my blog! I followed you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious!!!
    Thank you for sharing!
    I think I have a can in the fridge now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm,so yummi! Would be lovely with my coffee ;O)
    Have a happy day,
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! These are definitely dangerous! I wish I had one right now with my coffee! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love cinnamon rolls, and these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made it over to your blog. The sticky buns look great but I stay away from sugar. I will make this one of my favorites and will visit again. Have a blessed day and thank you for your visit. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby loves cinnamon rolls...it's what I make him for 'special'! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cinnamon rolls look so Yummy. Every now and then, I treat myself to a nice BIG gooey cinnamon roll. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am drooling now over those! YUM!!!!! I bought my hubby some of those sour cream donuts today which usually have a crunch on the outside. These were a little 'soft'. He decided to put them in the oven to crisp them up and forgot about them. When the smoke alarm went off they were beyond crisp and can now be used as charcoal briquets! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH YUM...Those sticky bun got my mouth watering.... infact I can smell them ( Ha Ha) that’s how good they look...Wish I had one for this mornings coffee... Thanks

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...