February 23, 2018

Jar Love!

 Some of the Storage Jars in my kitchen!

A Mason jar, named after John Landis Mason who first invented and patented it in 1858, is a molded glass jar used in home canning to preserve food. The jar's mouth has a screw thread on its outer perimeter to accept a metal ring. Today jars come in all shapes and sizes and are used for storage, encouragment, baking mixes 
and even lunch-box salads!

Here are some of my favorite jars...


Popcorn storage - ready to be popped!


A home for my collection of red-handled biscuit cutters.


This one holds dried peas and beans.


And here are some of my other cookie cutters.


One of my favorites - this one stores cupcake papers - in 3 different sizes!

Image result for encouragement jars

Encouragement Jars or "Happy Jars" can be filled with scripture verses, 
sweet sayings or love notes!

cookie-mixes-2.jpg (463×310)

There are all kinds of "cookie mix in-a-jar" jars!

Image result for salad in a jar

And the latest craze - salad in a jar!

I love Jars - and I have a hard time resisting them whenever I see them at
 garage sales or thrift stores.
 I use them for all sorts of things including many gift ideas!

Jars + Baskets - two of my favorite things!

What's your favorite way to use a jar?

Stay Cozy,
Carrie

13 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet . . . I love vintage kitchens. You have so many cute ideas. Those jars with the scripture verses and the cherry ornaments are so pretty . . . be still my old vintage heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest collection of jars and sweet things inside! Love the biscuit cutters and all the ideas for storage. The cherry gift jars are so darling. Hope you have a lovely weekend! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love storage jars and baskets. Yours look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your collection of jars and how you use them. Enjoyed this post. Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love all those neat ideas for using jars, and yours look so pretty, and sparkling clean. We have jar collection that sits way up high over the kitchen cabinets and it is a job keeping them clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and me, both, Carrie. I LOVE jars for anything and everything. I love the graphic quality they provide-like a mini piece of artwork showcasing what is inside them. Lovely post- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mason jars come in handy for storing so many items! I actually need to go pick up a few more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what cute jars and ideas....
    I love them, too...big ones, small ones....I am almost a hoarder of small jelly jars and any that have cute art on them.
    You have inspired me to do a post on some of my jars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, look at all these jars filled with goodies. I love the popcorn one. You have such a charming kitchen, Carrie. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog through At Rivercrest cottage. I love your cherry background! I like you love mason jars but didn't realize they made them so big. Mine are used for canning which I do a lot of. I love how you use your jars for storage. Now I need to check out all my jars downstairs and start utilizing them more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your collection of jars looks to attractive in your kitchen, Carrie! You've given me a lot of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your whole display, Carrie...the red is so cheery...and I love that it is useful beauty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like to use them for keeping left overs in the fridge. A pork chop won't get lost in the back of the fridge if it's in a wide mouth jar where you can see it clearly. I buy reusable plastic caps at Walmart for the wide mouth and regular size, and store almost everything in the cupboard and fridge in them.

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...