March 19, 2018

Days Gone By...

Three of my four daughters live in Northwest Portland - downtown- where there are so many quaint older buildings filled with wonderful stores, coffee shops, bakeries and fabulous restaurants. They are all within walking dstance of their homes. Some days we will go downtown just to take in the ambiance of the vintage store fronts and admire the beautiful construction work of days gone by. 




Last night I dropped by one of my twin daughter's apartments to wish her a happy birthday and drop off a gift...this is the entrance to her vintage building.
It hasn't changed since it was built. It is just beautiful!


This is how we call her so she can buzz us in...


Isn't is just a hoot?


And adjacent to the phone are the mailboxes.
I just love the place and wanted to share it with you all. 
I wish I could have taken photos of the inside...
but she was getting ready to go out of town - so no go!
Maybe next time...

Stay Cozy!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures form a wonderful place, thank you for sharing, Carrie!
    I LOVE this old telephone and the letterboxes!
    HAve a happy week,
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your twin daughters, Carrie! I loved seeing the vintage touches that are still part of the apartment. How I'd love to browse through the shops in Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. My daughter and her family lived in Portland for a while now they live in Battle Ground, Washington. Have a blessed day and a wonderful fist day of spring. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY GOODNESS that phone!!! It's incredible it has lasted so long. Thank you for sharing such great pictures!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your twin daughters! Have a wonderful first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling building!! I've never been to Portland but have heard wonderful things about it such as the food is the best! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful building. I love that the have kept it up and did not try to rehab it in anyway. Just so vintage and sweet.
    That shot of the street and the tress oh my beautiful. Have a great new week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post, Carrie! It looks like a wonderful area to live!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie! Thank you so much for visiting, commenting, and following my new blog. I'm your newest follower too. :-)

    I have twin daughters too (all grown up!). I would love to visit those little bakeries and shops. And within walking distance! Win Win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the trees and neighborhood. That apartment building really is a throw back to better days. I'll bet quite a few of the neighbors know each other by name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fun post.
    Love older/ vintage buildings.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love the pink Flowers. Have a Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Downtown Portland is such a pretty place. What a beautiful Spring blossom tree resplendent in all its pretty pink glory. Oh my, your daughter's building is beautiful. Love that grand staircase. I can only imagine how beautiful it is to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhh....this post is fabulous...love all the "oldness" of Portland. Happy Birthday to the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Our local town only dates from 1816. Lots of stone buildings, but nothing like this!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...