March 16, 2018

幸せな食事 Happy Eating....

My niece and her family are living in Okinawa for a few years. When I went over to my sister's (her mom) house I noticed she had all sorts of unusual food packets in her pantry. It seems her daughter has been delighting her with some of the foods that are a staple there. 

This one I thought was so funny - becuase it seemd like a take on a Mexican dish.


"Taco Rice"

  
 This is what comes inside the package...we "face-timed" her to get the directions....
since they were all in Japanese.
You heat the two larger pouches in boiling water for about 5 mins. 
Then add the contents of the packets to cooked rice and mix in the hot sauce.


This is how it looks when it is done boiling. 


Add it to the pre-cooked rice and...Voila...authentic Taco Rice from Okinawa! 
 It was actully very good!

Here are some of the other packets she sent!
I love the packaging!






幸せな食事
Happy Eating!

9 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool you had the opportunity to try authentic Taco Rice from Okinawa! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very interesting post. Your photos are great. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like everyone has their own spin on tacos. This post cracked me up. I loved that you two cooked up some rice and tried it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in China last spring, and I had so much fun looking through the markets at the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post and the pictures. One of my favorite activities on vacation is to visit the grocery store and see what people eat around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's different and sounds like fun trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Enjoyed your post. So cool to see the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those all look interesting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...