March 6, 2018

Prepping makes perfect...



 If you prepare these two bowls at the beginning of the week - you will have the makings of some very healthy and delicious meals. Keep them in the fridge "undressed" so they don't get soggy - that way you can scoop out what you need as you go. Salads, frittatas, rice bowls, soups, burritos and wraps are only a few of the meals you can make using these super foods!

 This bowl is full of the greens - 
kale, spinach, and 3 or 4 other leafy lettuces.


This one has cooked quinoa with finely chopped veggies -
zuchini, cucumber, tomatoes, broccoli, celery and scallions. 
Add whatever veggies you love.


An added bonus:
Look for a pomegranate at your local market this week! 
You won't be sorry for taking the time to break open a this delicious fruit and harvest all those tart and crunchy seeds. 
They add so much - both in health and flavor.


Now a meal like this will take minutes to prepare. 
Simply saute the two mixes...add some meatballs of your choice...
(these are veggie)...a little sauce and your done!

Eating Cozy,
Carrie

6 comments:

  1. Yummi, dear Carrie!
    I was laughing, because today I will have a meal like this too ;O)
    Happy week to you,
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea. I love having meals I can fix in a hurry! Looks very yummy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I would definitely enjoy having those items on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post thanks for sharing this idea with us. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I've never made a meal that pretty in my entire life! It looks so good, and healthy. The little squirrel feeder in your last post is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, healthy meal! Thanks for sharing, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...