April 23, 2018

Kale or Kraze?

I know it has been the latest craze...and  pre-packaged kale chips can be so expensive...but kale is an excellent source of vitamin Kvitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, and copper; a very good source of vitamin B6fibercalcium,potassiumvitamin E, and vitamin B2; and a good source of ironmagnesium vitamin B1omega-3 fatsphosphorusproteinfolate, and vitamin B3.


You can easily make them yourself - for a fraction of the cost!

Just buy a nice big bag of Organic Kale (pre-washed if you prefer) - or pick up some fresh kale in bunches, remove the leaves from the stems and wash. 

Next put all the kale in a large bowl and pour the tahini dressing (recipe at the end) over it, mixing well to cover all the leaves. 


I use a dehydrator as I can make many trays of kale chips at once, 
turn it on and walk away. Place the kale leaves flat on the dehydrator
 trays (with no overlapping) and dehydrate until crispy (2-4 hours).

You can also make these chips in the oven. 
 Bake, tossing kale halfway through, until crisp, 
about 15 - 20 minutes.
 Keep an eye on them for doneness.


 Cooking kale does not take away its nutritional benefits. 
Dark green vegetables are powerhouses of nutrients ...
they call it a superfood for a reason. 
Kale offers more iron per ounce than beef!

Creamy tahini dressing
  • 1⁄4 cup tahini.
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 to 1 ½ lemons)
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
  • 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced.
  • ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard.
  • ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt.
  • 2 tablespoons water.
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste.

Stay Kozy,
Carrie

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipe. I do eat Kale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kale chips sound good. I haven't tried chips at all, but might buy some before I make them to check them out. Kale in veggie soup is one of my favorite additions, but I don't eat it raw due to an article I read. Seems raw kale, broccoli and such might have a negative affect on the thyroid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll be honest here.
    Not too sure about this. They look
    interesting but...

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to add fresh kale to soups and stews, I have never come across chips before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried the kale chips but the kids all turned up their noses.. we mostly use kale in our salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never eaten kale and since I take medicine to thin my blood I am not supposed to eat to many green leafy vegetables. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to make your own. I like kale in my veggie smoothies or green drinks, which I don't have often enough! Thanks for the reminder that I need to eat more of it! That dressing sounds so good too. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! These look so good. Thanks for the recipe! I've never tried kale chips. Hope you have a good week. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything that green shouts healthy! =) Those Kale chips sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to try these! Your dressing sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently made a kale and broccoli salad that was so tasty, Carrie. Your dressing sounds really good! I have never made kale chips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE kale chips! Thanks for the recipe,
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Kale is full of all kinds of goodness!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...