July 7, 2018

Just a Pinch of Salt...

With all the wonderful herbs growing in my garden I decided to do something different...I have made many flavored pestos...
why not some flavored salts? 

 Starting with my freshly picked basil...I spread it out on a cookie sheet
and put it in a 275 degree oven to dry it out (about 15-20 mins)

 It definatley shrivels up - so go ahead and crowd it on the pan.

 Once dried it is "So Simple"...
Just add it to the food processor with coarse kosher salt and
pulse until it has reached the consistency you desire.

 It will look like this! It is so wonderfully flavorful.
I have also used my cliantro and even my lemon oregano.


You can find some small jars and give it as a gift by itself or perhaps
with a nice loaf of bread or even basil butter (which I also made).
I sent this little jar home with my daughter's boyfriend when he came over
to finishing building a table with my husband.

Bon Appetit and
 Stay Cozy!

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful way to add flavor to food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What a great idea! Gives me incentive to grow some herbs. I never have before, but the salt sounds like so much fun... also I bet you could use those for oils? (and the bread with basil butter sounds fantabulous!). Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Sounds so good! I'm definitely going to try it! Thanks Carrie! Happy 4th and I hope you are enjoying your summer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Basil Salt - I make mine a little different than you do: http://ppandorasbox.blogspot.com/2014/11/basil-salt.html
    It does make a great gift!! Great minds, think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of making gifts in the little jars. One of my daughters grows her own herbs. I will tell her of this idea. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous idea, Carrie and don't they make wonderful gifts in those pretty jars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea - I should try this as well!
    Thank you for sharing this !
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my....you are so cute and cozy and talented...this sounds so good. I also love your cheery, cherry blog....it is just adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! Your blog truly gives readers a cozy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm bookmarking this idea. My herb garden is going nuts, so I need to do something fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea to give as a gift! I love how you packaged and labeled the basil salt!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...