August 16, 2018

Instant Pot = Instant Memories...


What's inside these little boxes we are holding you ask?

w


Well...on four consecutive Tuesday evenings in July, two of my
daughters and I met together at my church for "Oasis"...
an evening for women to gather, have dinner, enjoy an encouraging word
from a speaker, and most of all...try something new.

When registering for the program, there was a list of classes we could
choose from. Things like journaling, pickle ball, quilting, hula dancing,
sign making and many more. The hope was that you might find
something that would be a bit out of your box.

And we picked:

INSTANT POT COOKING - NOT YOUR MOTHER'S PRESSURE COOKER!

I had given my daughter Shannon and Instant Pot for Christmas and she loved it...I bought one for myself but had not even taken it out of the box yet...
and Grace? 
Well she was cautiously curious and decided to come along.

We absolutely loved the class - in fact the whole evening was such a wonderful
time together. We dined - we listened - we laughed - we cooked and we tasted!
Oh boy did we taste!

And the little boxes?
The final night of class was all about making desserts!

Banana bread, berry crisp, applesauce, yogurt...
and mini cheesecakes - regular and chocolate!

Instant Pot Cheesecake

Everything was delicous.

And what has been so fun... is that we have all become Instant Pot converts 
and are loving sharing recipes and ideas with one another. 
Yes...even before the last class Grace bought an Instant Pot for herself and
 I went right home, opened my box and have been using it ever since.

And even better - we shared laughs and made fun memories 
every Tuesday evening for 4 weeks as we stepped out and tried something new. 

What have you tried new lately? I'd love to know.

Stay Cozy,
Carrie


15 comments:

  1. My brother in law has one and he loves it! I think I need to invite myself over for a lesson!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one pot sounds fabulous. How terrific you and your daughters went out and had a lovely evening, learning and cooking and enjoying others' company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Carrie, so nice to meet you! I'm glad you dropped in to see me at my porch and hope you come back! I am sitting here enjoying your pretty blog. I love love love the flavored salt idea and will give that a try. Your'e right--great gift idea. And those small cheesecakes from this post look so so good! I have not got on the instapot bandwagon yet, but I do use our crock pot alot, always have, we raised our kids on crock pot creations, ha ha LOL Wow!--you got one heck of a DEAL ON THE WEST ELM table!! GREAT FIND!! It looks great in your kitchen. I blog from charleston, are you in oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a fun time during the class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and sounds like a lot of fun. Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo glad ya'll had fun....nothing as great as spending time with our kids, no matter what we are doing...
    My girl has an instapot and she really loves it...I don't do that much cooking since I am one, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun thing to do with your daughters!! I don't own one but i do use my crock pot (slow cooker) OFTEN especially in the busier autumn and winter months.

    I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use my slow cooker more in the cooler months, but really enjoy it. Sounds like great fun bonding with your daughters and creating memories, having so much fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you have my curosity stirred... I must get an instant pot. 👌

    ReplyDelete
  10. I\You have such sweet, and pretty, daughters. I don't know what an instant pot is. It doesn't sound like a crock pot, or slow cooker. I'll look it up. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just bought one for our DIL for her birthday. She loves it; in fact everyone who has one likes them. I'll need to look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice that you spent time with your daughters and took a class with them. I notice that your daughters are blonde and brunette. Mine are as well. A cute picture of the three of you. That cheesecake looks so Yummy. I wish I had a piece to go with my coffee right now. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! So neat your daughters joined in.. classes like that are sure "more than a class"... you get to experience new things and laugh together and just "be" in the moment. I wish there were classes like that here... I've done a few sewing or quilting classes when I lived in Vancouver, WA but not much like that here in our small town. I've heard of the Instant Pots and want one. I did some research on Amazon but the reviews mostly weren't that great for one reason or another - only for that particular brand. I need to find a good one that has great reviews and results! Love that little cheesecake dessert! Maybe you could do a post on yours, what kind, and a few yummy things you cook in it. I would love that! I would buy one just for that! Cute picture of all of you too. Marilyn from Madras

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I just might have to purchase one Im gonna do a little investigating and see just what I would do with one! Glad you girls had a good time together

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun for you and your girls, Carrie! I bought my daughter an Instant Pot for Christmas last year, but don't have one myself. I don't know if I'd use it that much, and I'm one that loves kitchen gadgets!!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...