Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars - A blondie dotted with white chocolate and cranberries
with a slight hint of orange.
I'm not sure how you feel about these sweet treats - but I always look forward to
seeing them show up on the deli shelf in Starbucks each holiday season.
I have seen so many people that have duplicated the recipe and they really look
delicious and so close to the original bars.
Below is just one recipe to try if you want to try making them at home.
As for me, I will continue to treat myself here and there throughout the season.
It might be too dangerous for me to have an entire pan at home :)
Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate , coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces cream cheese, softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar , sifted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate , melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries , coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
Prepare the blondie layer: In a medium bowl, melt butter for one minute in the microwave or until melted; stir in brown sugar. Pour the butter and sugar into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature. Use an electric mixer to beat in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in the cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick).
Spread the blondie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
Prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate; beat until blended. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries. Drizzle with remaining melted white chocolate. Let the frosting set (speed this up by throwing them into the fridge) then cut into bars- square or triangle-shaped. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.