Zucchini Banana Muffins
I just had to make this zucchini staple...
(makes 12 large muffins + 12 mini muffins)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup reg. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 med bananas)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
Beat with electric mixer: egg, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini and banana. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Careful not to over mix. Scoop batter into 12 lg. paper-lined muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Then scoop remainder of batter into mini muffin cups (12) and bake for approx. 12-15 mins.
Come back and join us for Day #4!
I still have 1/2 of the zucchini left!
Hmmm...what will it be?
Stay Cozy, Carrie