April 13, 2018

Will the real cheese please stand up?

No need to pretend - (no Friday the 13th trick here) - 
this cheese tastes like the real thing.
So much healthier and much lower in calories too!
It's time for Mac 'n Cheese - Vegan Style!


VEGAN/VEGETARIAN CHEESE SAUCE

INGREDIENTS


  • 1.5 cup potatoes peeled and cubed
  • 2/3 cup carrots peeled and cubed
  • 1/3 cup vegetable stock
  • 3/4 cup plant based milk soy or almond work best
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1.5 tsp arrowroot flour or corn starch
  • 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste


INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Add potatoes and carrots to a pot of water. Bring to a boil, and let boil for 10 minutes. Strain and add to a blender or food processor.
  2. Blend together the potatoes and carrots. 
  3. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy!
  4. Add to cooked pasta and enjoy.










It works great for baked mac 'n cheese
       too with bread crumbs on top!




















Add some cumin and chili powder to taste
and a little tomato paste or even salsa for
nacho cheese!




















Time to Enjoy (guilt free)
           Carrie

13 comments:

  1. The Mac and cheese looks good. I hadn't had any in years until I tasted one of the grandkid's dinner during spring break. Better than I remember as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, That all looks like very good food. When I think of all those blue box mac and cheese I fed my poor daughters. LOL Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all looks like very good food.
    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mac and cheese looks delish! I'm on a low carb thing so I can't have the pasta.. wah. I tried low carb pasta and it was so horrific that I threw it all right in the garbage can. So nice to meet you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sneaky cheese! Oh yes! Looks very very good. I have to eat totally gluten free, so we occasionally get the Annie's Creamy Gluten Free mac n' cheese and it is SO good! The cheese comes creamy in a packet and tastes like you made it homemade. It's the only kind we like or will eat anymore. But your sneaky cheese... now that sounds awesome.. we use nutritional yeast on alot of things and it sure adds to the taste. Especially love it on baked chicken tenders and scrambled eggs! Yum! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again Carrie! Thank you for your nice comment and following me on my blog! I am your newest follor as well!
    Happy Sunday!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, Carrie- that looks delicious and sounds great. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good, any healthier option is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's an interesting recipe. I'm all for eating healthier foods. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! This is a lot like the recipe I use. My kids love it too. They can't tell it apart from real cheese except by the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mm thanks for sharing. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Mac and Cheese!
    That looks so good too.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...