May 5, 2009

Mom...You're Incredible!

My daughter, Grace, my mom and me!

My mom is incredible. She raised 7 kids all by herself since my youngest sibling was only 2 years old! And despite having to work outside of the home and at times more than one job...you could always count on her. She relied on God and prayer every day and always let us know we were loved! And although there was little money and rarely extras she willingly sacrificed for her children and always put us first!

No politician or CEO or billionaire philanthropist does anything that is more important than what a mother does. There is no special trophy or award given a mother...but the eternal impact she can make is more important than anything else in this world.

I want you to remember, Mom, that although there were many days and nights that challenged your strength and tested your character, and at times it seemed the world worked overtime to minimize your calling...your role as a mother has always been beyond compare...its' importance grander than any other job or occupation.

I owe you more than I could ever truly repay, Mom...but I will continue to try each day to honor you by being the kind of mother that would make you proud!

I love You, Mom...more than you know...you're incredible
I made this for my mom...and I am going to send it to her in California...I hope she likes it!
It swivels around...
...to this side!
I am going to include some Strawberry Scones too!
They are delicious...and low fat!

Strawberry Yogurt Scones

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup diced strawberries
2/3 cup strawberry yogurt
3 tbsp. butter, melted
½ tsp. grated orange rind
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
cooking spray
2 tsp. sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°. Combine flours, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Combine strawberries, yogurt, butter, orange rind and egg white; add to flour mixture, stirring until just moist.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. With hands well floured, knead the dough four times. Pat into an 8” circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut into 8 wedges. Sprinkle with 2 tsp. sugar. Bake for 20 min

F.Y.I... For all you Shabby & Chic gals...I have this adorable Pink Beaded Little Girl with her Poodle and Matching Flower Basket on ebay right now...it would be a great addition to your "Pink" Decor. Click here Pink Poodle Girl


Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow Blogging Moms!



28 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day to you my friend.Love the pics.Have a great day! Blessings, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, your mom sounds like a really strong lady and a wonderful mother...Happy Mothers Day to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are lucky to have such a great mom! and the piece that you made for her is sweet. She will love it!
    I hope you have a happy mothers day too!
    hugs!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to a very special lady in your life! Indeed, by her love, you all are so rich. Thank you for sharing your heart. The creation you have made is darling. :o) And your scones look delicious! :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carrie,
    What a lovely post about your Mom. Just amazing that God picked her just special out of heaven to be your Mommy! How lucky! That's very sweet for you to make such a nice gift that she will treasure.
    Thanks for sharing the scone recipe. I love scones, and can't wait to try your recipe! Where in Ca. does your Mom live? My Mom is in Ca. too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet sweet words...what a blessing you are to your mom...a great photo of the three of you..thank you for sharing that. I will try your scones..they look amazing! Your mom will love her beautiful gift you made her...many blessing to you on this Mother's Day.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo. I LIKE your long hair! Love the gift you made for you Mom. She is going to swoon.
    **blows kisses** Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing better in life to have a wonderful and sweet mother. Your mother has certainly been an awesome mother!

    Such a cute gift to send!!!!! She will just love it.

    The scones look yummy and are so pretty, too.

    xx
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is incredible. So much love went into this gift. And I loved reading this post about your Mom. What an amazing woman. Really!!!
    You did such a beautiful job on her gift, she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tribute to your Mom. I'm sure she will enjoy the wonderful art piece and well as the scones! They look delish!

    -c
    yap cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie,
    Cute post, and thanks for the scone recipe. Sounds great!!

    blessings,
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. carrie just a beautiful post for mom.she will be very proud of all the loving things that you have posted about her.she will love her beautiful gift.first time to visit your blog.I love meeting new friends. Thanks for sharing and visit me soon.
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carrie....what a wonderful tribute to your Mama! I love what you made her....beautiful. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute gift you made for your mother. Those scones look delicious too. She will love her gift (o:

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a wonderful tribute to your mom...and what a lovely family...miss cozy cottage wishing you a very happy and sassy mother's day!!!!!! blessings cat

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful post about your Mum! She sounds inspirational. I am sure she will love her home made goodies for Mothers Day! Hope your Mothers Day is a special one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Carrie, It just warms my heart so much to read this loving tribute to your Mom. Your words are full of love and I'm sure you do honor her with your desire to be as good a Mom as she has been to you!!

    I have a post about my Mom today that I'd love for you to read. We are so blessed to have been brought up by such loving, amazing women.

    May your Mother's day be a special one!!

    Oh and I love this pic and you with longer hair!! So pretty!!

    Blessings and hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful photo. You have a great mom! Thank you for sharing her lovely gift and recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mother will love it.

    I hope she also gets to see this post or at least a copy of what you wrote because it is a really loving tribute.

    You three ladies are all beautiful.

    Happy Mother's Day.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun surprise for your Mom! The scones look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your words really resonated with me. Mothers Day has such mixed emotions for me.
    My mom has passed. I miss so many things about her, especially the hours spent together, laughing and talking. We loved cooking and crafting too. Thanks for sharing your sweet words about your mom. We are so blessed to have such wonderful woman love us and mold our lives.

    Sweet wishes to you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful tribute to your mom, Carrie. I hope you both have a wonderful Mother's Day.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!!!

    God bless you and your family!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi!! I'm down in Keizer...hop skip and a jump to Bridgeport! Love it up there, we go once a week. I've never heard of that "craft" thing you were talking about...Nice to meet you! I have a 27 year old too. I'm going to take a look around your blog. I love your banner at the top! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmmm...those scones look wonderful! Happy Mother's Day to you...

    Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Carrie!! Just checking in on you!! You have been away for a little while and want to make sure you know you're missed!! Praying that all is well!

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are all three beautiful - reminds me of a poster I saw in a nursing home - it had all 3 generations' silhouettes with the quote:

    "The sunset is no lass beautiful that the sunrise."

    I've always remembered that..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Carrie,
    Yes, I am still up too late again. I do want to tell you I love your tribute to your Mom. All three of you on the couch is such a precious picture. You are all so attractive, too.
    The red frame you made for your Mom is just the berries. Bet she loved it. I love anything someone takes the time to make with their hands.
    You have a neat family!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...