November 10, 2018

It's Vanilla Cupcake Day...


Yes - November 10th is "Vanilla Cupcake Day"

That's Naked Vanilla Cupcake Day For Me!

There are so many kinds of cupcakes out there, many very fancy,
but sometimes you just want a plain old vanilla cupcake.
No froo-froo involved. No sprinkles or glitter, no fondant or frosting ...
just a yummy "naked vanilla cupcake".


Celebrate the day and treat yourself to a not-too-sweet one...
with a cup of coffee perhaps. 


Pick one up at your local bakery or make one yourself. 
Here is an easy recipe. 

Makes 1 dozen

1/2 cup plus 1 tbl butter (soft)
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 tea. baking powder
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tbl. cake flour
1/2 tea salt
3 egg whites
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tea. pure vanilla extract

  • Whip butter with sugar until fluffy. Sift dry ingredients and set aside.
  • In another bowl, whip egg whites and gradually add buttermilk. Combine.
  • Go back to butter mixture and intermittently add buttermilk with flour, stopping every once in a while to scrape down the sides. Finish by mixing in vanilla. Pour batter into lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Stay Cozy
and enjoy your treat...
Carrie





11 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look delicious! I actually wanted a cupcake with vanilla frosting the other day! I may get one tomorrow lol! Have a great weekend Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. Have a blessed day.. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes certainly look delicious, they are certainly tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would've thunk it.....a special day just for vanilla cupcakes!! Yours, Carrie, look delectably delicious and how pretty they look resting on the blue cake stand. I so agree, that sometimes, just sometimes all one needs is a vanilla cupcake. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I didn't know that! Nothing better than a good vanilla cupcake (and of course, a little vanilla frosting doesn't hurt). But you are right, plain ones are so good with a cup of coffee or tea. Since I didn't know, and am having company on Sunday, I instead made some paleo pumpkin bars, as my sister is eating paleo now..... doesn't hurt for me too... and they smell so good as they cook in the oven! Next thing I make will be some gluten free vanilla cupcakes! Yum.m..m Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I love vanilla cupcakes so I am very happy to hear there is a day dedicated to them!
    Happy Weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. So yummy! My grandson calls them 'pup-cakes' :) Cupcakes make me happy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ficaram lindos e parecem deliciosos. Have a happy week. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie, I think the frosted cupcakes *look* very pretty, but I don't want to eat them! I always scrape off the frosting because, like you, I prefer a naked cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I missed this post, I'll never know...
    love me some cupcakes yes I do!
    Who knew they had their own day.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...