November 7, 2018

They're Back......

 Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars -  A blondie dotted with white chocolate and cranberries
                                               with a slight hint of orange.


I'm not sure how you feel about these sweet treats - but I always look forward to 
seeing them show up on the deli shelf in Starbucks each holiday season. 
I have seen so many people that have duplicated the recipe and they really look 
delicious and so close to the original bars.

Below is just one recipe to try if you want to try making them at home.

See the source image

 As for me, I will continue to treat myself here and there throughout the season. 
 It might be too dangerous for me to have an entire pan at home :)

Stay Cozy...
Carrie

Cranberry Bliss Bars

Ingredients

Blondie Layer:

  • 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, cubed
  • 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 6 ounces white baking chocolate , coarsely chopped

Frosting:

  • 1 package (8 ounces cream cheese, softened)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar , sifted
  • 6 ounces white baking chocolate , melted
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries , coarsely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
  2. Prepare the blondie layer: In a medium bowl, melt butter for one minute in the microwave or until melted; stir in brown sugar. Pour the butter and sugar into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature. Use an electric mixer to beat in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in the cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick).
  3. Spread the blondie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
  4. Prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate; beat until blended. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries. Drizzle with remaining melted white chocolate. Let the frosting set (speed this up by throwing them into the fridge) then cut into bars- square or triangle-shaped. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

10 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these! I only go to Starbucks when I crave a latte, otherwise I'm very cheap! But thanks for the recipe, they will make a great holiday treat!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never come across this before but I will certainly be giving them a try. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I've heard of these before! They're so many delicious treats around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious. I do not go to Starbucks so I have not seen them. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing!!!
    I have not seen these, as we don't have a Starbucks nearby.
    Thanks for the recipe! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look pretty yummy. I have not seen these so now I might just have to try one or two or ......
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look DELICIOUS! I have to eat gluten free, so I can't go in and just buy one to eat! Darn! I'm trying to cut down on my sugar intake too, and this one looks like it as alot of sugar in it. Of course, makes it SO good, but I'd be in big trouble if I made an entire batch of these! I never go to Starbucks unless I'm with my girlfriend, who lives out of town. When they visit, we go and I like the Chai Tea Latte.. they do have two gluten free desserts which I always have - Rice Crispie treats or the Kind bars (which are no big deal as I usually keep some at home). Go enjoy some of those for me! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a Starbucks person, Carrie, and I've never seen these bars, but I know that I'd love them. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had one but they sure do look delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, these look good. I don't think I've had one yet, but I LOVE STARBUCKS! They have so many Yummy goodies, especially at Christmastime. I know what you mean about treating yourself here and there during the season, Carrie. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...