February 6, 2018

Our personal coup de grâce...



We've surrendered...caved...tossed out the white flag...
yes, the most maligned piece of household furniture, the 
puffy uber stuffed promoter of extreme laziness
 known as the recliner is now in our home!

And not just one mind you - but two have somehow crept into the climate of our family room! I acquiesced to my husband's desires,
as any good wife does, and even agreed to a "his and hers".

Have we lost our cool...our hip vibe?
Is this the beginning of a fast decline...a leap into not only the
 empty nest life but the genuine admission of seniorhood?

NO...I refuse to accept that. After all, it's a new day...a day where
 dark chocolate is good for your heart and alcohol raises your good cholesterol, beer is full of B vitamins and man's favorite chair is
 not for the lazy couch potato or the elderly who "can't get up"
 but is actually good for your health. It promotes relaxation and
 anti-anxiety...rest and rejuvenation.

And that is the coolest thing going these days...because while it feels good to conquer the day, in the end, it just simply feels better - and is more beneficial to your health - to relax.

Look how "hip" we really are...
   



Stay Cozy,
Carrie

7 comments:

  1. I love this post!!!!
    Good for you!
    They are quite beautiful...enjoy your cozy, relaxing time in them.
    And thanks for the perspective.
    I could not agree more. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus they are a great place for reading!

    Enjoy!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post and I am still laughing about the cute la-z-boy ad.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. Enjoy every moment you sit. You can sit and DREAM about exercising when you get up. Love the ad! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really comfortable, dear Carrie
    !
    Just want to say Welcome as our new followerm glad to have you there :O)
    Have a lovely week,
    hugs to you, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Love this! My husband has his own lazy boy, but I didn't get one. No fair!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...