May 23, 2019

A "make-do" makeover... (gotta read to the end)

When the economy "tanked" and we took a huge financial hit...
we had to (were fortunate to be able to) move from our home to
 a townhouse (long story!) 

Anyway it wasn't very big and the kitchen didn't have any kind of pantry. 

Let me start by saying - I am an "organizer" - It is in my blood!

I love to change things around - make a space feel new - and especially organize. (Just ask my family haha)

That being said - if you are finding yourself low on space -
 by choice or otherwise - think outside the box -
 like I did back then and still do of course!

This cupboard - previously used in one of our daughter's bedrooms
 for clothes etc., became my...


Baking Pantry!

We ust added a few shelves and it transformed into my baking pantry!

Hidden from everyone unless you happend to open the door (haha)
It was perfect for all my flour, sugar, grains, cereal, etc. 
Even a drawer for my cake decorating supplies. 

(How do you like all that wonderful Tupperware?)


As for the regular pantry - well that was non-existant too...
So, true to form, I took over the coat closet for that.


Voila!

Oh..."where did the coats go?", you ask...they went in the garage....

Hey...

♥You make-do when you have too ♥

Oh...and by the way - 4 years later when we sold the townhouse and were able to move into our current home...the buyer wanted to know if we would include one thing in the sale - yes - you got it - that cupboard! 

She even paid me $300 for it!

Stay Cozy gals,
Carrie

20 comments:

  1. I just love this post......I too am an organizer and I too love to move things around. This is awesome and I'm so glad it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win the Internet today!
    Amazing organizing!
    So totally envious!
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cabinet is fantastic! I don't blame her for wanting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you are an organiser, aren't you. That cabinet is gorgeous. I don't doubt the lady wanted to buy it. I suppose you got it for a song. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that was impressive. I am working on a wardrobe myself at the moment. No, not for a pantry but for storing all my yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to be organized but it takes effort daily to remain this way. I love your solutions for making space into whatever you need. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what great ideas. You are amazing for doing these. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are organized!! and just and ok organizer but never to your extent but it paid off.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that white cabinet that held all of your baking supplies... love all the tupperware too. Do you still use it? I have leftover T ware from years and years ago, and I still love it and want more! The "pantry" in our little house was also a coat closet. The previous renters or owners made it into a pantry and I love it as need all that space for baking stuff and extra food, etc. It's still too crowded and needs more shelves. I had way too many books and gardening, baking books, etc. so my "linen closet" has become a partial bookshelf for my hard cover books. Had nowhere else to put them and hated to get rid of them! They took the place of all my small hand towells and washclothes, which are now houses in a little cabinet in each bathroom. We just have to make do when we can! Take care... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I loved that cabinet.
    You were so creative with it!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas. We are going to be downsizing in the near future and I will need all the help I can to keep as many things as possible and find places for them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cupboard for your baking is so cute, and you are very clever! We make do, don’t we?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How neat! I can see why she wanted that cupboard. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure do get creative with your organizing skills... That cabinet was a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a great idea. I will have to remember it. We will be selling in a couple of years. Hoping for a pantry, but if not I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you are organized, Carrie. What a charming cupboard, and creative of you to use it for baking supplies. I love baking too. And that's clever to turn your coat closet into a pantry. I have a smaller place too, and Yes, we have to make do. Smaller spaces are easier to clean though. Everything looks so nice in your home. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like making things work! You are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Totally awesome at organizing!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pantry. I like to organize, too, but have fallen down on the job. Thanks for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...