February 2, 2024

Pinecones for the picking...

 I don't know about where you live - but here in Oregon

especially this time of year,

we have lots of pinecones laying on the ground that have fallen from the Fir Trees.

So I wanted to put them to use for Valentine's Day.

This simple hanging pinecone was so simple to make. 

A little ribbon and some faux floral decor did the trick. 

You could leave it on someone's doorknob as a Valentine surprise. 



Using live succulents and a glue gun brings this little pinecone to life. 

Spray the plants with water every so often to keep it fresh for weeks!


You can find all sorts of beautiful pinecone wreaths on Pinterest or YouTube...
Some paint, glue and patience and you have a beautiful door decor!


This sweet little pinecone fairy idea is courtesy of Its Overflowing
where you can find many craft ideas for kids. 
Isn't she sweet?
Now get started and let's see what your pinecones can become.

Stay Cozy and Creative...
Carrie



17 comments:

  1. I love them! They are amazing and easy ideas. And so pretty and elegant, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very interesting constructions! We don't have many pine cones around here but we enjoy yours!! Good afternoon with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations from your pretty fir cones! Natural elements in crafts are my favorite. How nice to have that bounty from your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I’m in Shasta county in Northern California.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful and the succulent idea is amazing. But I am on the other side of the country from you and we are covered in snow here in NH. But I am keeping these ideas in mind when I find some this spring.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are excellent idea. I love pinecones. I have them all over the house. I collected some nice big ones on trips that we have taken. I have a few baskets full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a thing about pine cones and have many big boxes full of all sorts from tiny ones of half an inch to some massive ones about 10 inches high. You have shared some pretty ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty things here using pine cones. Such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such creative ideas to use pinecones and spruce them up a bit for the home. I also have many pinecones on my lawn at this time of year. I really like that wreath idea, and that little fairy is darling. These are all so clever, thanks for sharing, Carrie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so cute! I made some little pinecone gnomes and that was fun. Love your creative ideas and happy you are sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful ideas. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. next time on a walk I will have to notice if there are pinecones along the way, I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great ideas!!! So simple and yet so beautiful! TY for sharing (found your through Becky’s blog).
    Peace,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great ideas! We have a lots of pinecones here in the northwoods too. I don't know that I've ever done much crafting with them though. You inspire me to want to thought! :) That wreath is especially beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of pine cones around here. Some cute ideas you've posted.

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...