March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Daughters...A Special Relationship!

Their Birthday...but My Gift!
Not too long ago they were sharing the same "toilet"! They yelled for me to come and look, and of course I had to snap a picture! (I can't wait to use this one in the wedding slideshow!) My twin daughters... that's Lauren on the left and Shannon on the right! "Womb Mates" at one time and now "Room Mates" living together in the townhome they bought! I remember that day well...a little bit later I heard them talking in their room. Although they are "fraternal" twins, they had come up with a plan, a scheme to fool everyone...they chose to dress identical that day , as they often did, right down to their undies. That's when I walked by their bedroom and heard Lauren say to her sister, "Now no one will be able to tell us apart!" "Yeah, even our panties are the same!" Shannon replied. Even though they had their individual looks, people did mix them up, confused their names, and they thought it was because they looked the same! It makes me smile today when I think back on their take of their "twinship".

Yesterday was their 24th birthday! Wow, did the time go by quickly, but it has been packed with laughter, tears, surprises and marvelous memories. I wouldn't trade a day...and I cherish each and every moment I am blessed to share with them!

I used to be a member of the "Mother of Twins Club". It was long before the widespread use of infertility drugs and IVF. Their motto was one I still treasure:
"A Special Club where God chooses the members"
I have felt truly honored and priviledged to have been given the awesome gift of each and every one of my 5 children...and it was a bonus to have been blessed with twins!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SPECIAL GIRLS!


21 comments:

  1. I love that picture of them on the toilet together! I wonder what they will say about you putting it on your blog! hahaha! They have both grown into two very lovely young ladies.
    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! I love the pictures - how lucky you are! ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie,
    What a touching post. Our children are such a blessings. It's hard to even remember what life was like before they were born.
    Your girls are just beautiful! Happy Birthday to them both!!!
    When you have time, please stop by my blog I have something there for you.
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie,
    Thanks for coming over and visiting my blog today! It's wonderful to be blessed with children. They bring so much joy and happiness. It's been the greatest treasure to be a Mom and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Love your post about your daughters, they are two beautiful women, and have a great Mom as an example no doubt!

    Smiles, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to your birthday daughters! how wonderful to have been blessed with twins - looks like they share a very special relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well girls that picture is a riot! How cute (:
    How fun to have a twin, I bet it is a lot like us Carrie.
    Oh I love the New Spring Banner great work.
    Love & Kisses, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Carrie, I'm Holly and I came here by way of Karen's.

    Love your jelly bean banner! So fun!

    Your girls on the potty! So funny!

    Happy Birthday to your girls. I bet they are a lot of fun!

    Come see me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, that is very sweet. i always say to my sisters that siblings are the greatest gift a parent can give their child.

    happy birthday to the girls!

    xo

    happy PS, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie,

    I just had to stop by after you left that great comment on my site. Thanks so much - I loved it!!

    To my great surprise I found the most adorable photo of your two girls sitting together on the toilet - oh my gosh cute!! I grew up extremely close with my sister(we are only 14 months apart)and we used to do the very same thing!!

    I also love the current photo of those same two beautful girls!!Happy birthday wishes to them both!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carrie,

    What a sweet and funny picture of your twin on the toilet!!! and the new photo is very nice.

    Happy Birthday to your girls.. !! :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have beautiful girls, and that picture of them on the toilet is hysterical! Reminds me of me and my cousins!! LOL!

    Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carrie! Love your new blog banner picture. Cute!
    I received my prize package yesterday. Love it! I think I'll use it for my niece's birthday quilt. Thanks a bunch!
    My knee is healing pretty good. I fear going back to work on Monday. I still can't stand on it too long.

    Thanks again!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carrie, your girls are so cute...i hope they had a wonderful birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie, your twin daughters are so pretty! I wish i have twins babies next time:*
    They must be very *Proud to be have such mummy!

    xoxo
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha, That picture is sooooo cute! I know it seemed like just yesterday they were my little buddies hanging out, now they're beautiful grown women! wow!

    oxox
    bree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carrie, thank you for suggesting that my unknown flowers are star magnolias. I checked it out online and that is what they are! The long mystery is solved thanks to you.

    Your daughters are beautiful. I always wanted to have twin girls - only had one, but she has given me a twin amount of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. your daughters are so lovely! Happy Birthday, Lauren and Shannon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carrie,
    I'm so glad you were able to find some great things at Pier 1...hope Diane is successful as well!
    Did you happen to see the sugared cupcakes? I loved the one with the butterfly on top!
    Have a lovely evening,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Carrie
    You won the giveaway on my blog...email me your address and I will send it right along...my email is mary866@aol.com
    That picture of your daughters is hilarious, I have a picture of my daughter asleep on the toilet when she was potty training.
    Hope they had Happy Birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How excited I am to have won the "giveaway"...I will email you my address...Thanks a Million!

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your daughters are beautiful, Carrie. They look just like you.
    Happy Belated Birthday, girls!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...