May 13, 2011

Grab Bags...

Remember when you could go to the "Five & Dime" Store
and buy a "grab bag" for .25 cents?

It was all about the "unknown"!
You were just certain you would end up with a fabulous treasure!
It was so much fun to see what was inside....
but even more fun was the exhilarating anticipation before the bag was even opened!

Oh I know...most of the time the prize itself was kinda dumb and chintzy...
but the surprise made it all worth it.

Well as an adult I find "grab bags" at my Thrift Store too....

In this case the partial view through the plastic bag was just enough to be tempting.... 
enabling me to see some of its contents...
....but not quite everything...
Most times, I am thrilled by the hidden booty!
Getting home and dumping out the bag is just as much fun
as it was when I was a kid!

Here is a bag I recently purchased for only two dollars!
I could see that it was filled with lots of sequins and trims...


 But how much and what kinds?
I'll be right back....
I'm gonna go check out what's inside...
 Wow...it's a "jackpot" of trims!

 ...sequins and beads...

... feathers and tassels...

I'm gonna have to list most of this in my ebay and etsy stores!

Stay Cozy & Find a Grab Bag Today,
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Carrie that is too cool. What is it that is so exciting about the unknown inside of the grab bags.
    Great pick!!
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...