May 8, 2018

Not forgetting to count my blessings....




I realized today is the the 2 year aniversary since I had to have a partial nephrectomy.  Long story how it was discovered...a story in itself...but I had to have a portion of my left kidney removed along with an "angry" tumor that had grown on the side of it. I was told  there was a good chance it was cancer - an 85% chance - but then right after surgery it went down to a 10% chance and as it turned out there was no cancer at all! It was truly a miracle for me. The recovery was certainly a challenge - but so much sweeter knowing how fortunate I was.

Prayer was my best friend - especially during the long waiting and wondering time before the actual surgery. God showed himself to me in so many special ways - during my times of doubt and tears and during the days of " why me" and "why not me". I am so grateful for my faith then and now - I cannot imagine my life without it.  My hope...to continue to remember what a gift my life is and to keep striving to live the purpose He has for me.

Happy Healthy Anniversary to me!

16 comments:

  1. What a glorious anniversary it is! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is a most wonderful thing, isn't it, as is a moment by moment faith in our loving God. So happy for you that you didn't have cancer. Happy Healthy Anniversary to you, lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful anniversary. Miracles and prayer have sustained Gerard and I since his heart attack. We are certainly blessed and thank God everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being new to your blog, I did not know about your surgery. I am so happy for you, and can imagine the joy and thankfulness you felt with the good news after your surgery. We went through something very similar with my youngest daughter just months ago. I thank God every day. At least, I don't think there has been a day since then that I haven't thanked Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really WONDERFUL anniversary dear Carrie!

    Blessings!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful news, dear Carrie. Look at your sweet smile, despite being in hospital. I believe in the power of prayer. I'll be sure to pray for your continuing good health. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful anniversary to be celebrating. Sending hugs.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful anniversary indeed!!!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your two year "healthy" anniversary! So much to be thankful for.. yes yes yes. Prayer is so very powerful. I have a small cyst on my kidney that "they" are keeping a watch on and I always pray that it will just disappear! So glad you were cancer free. I'm fairly new also to your blog so didn't know about the surgery. Take care... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what prayers can do. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  11. God is good and He answers our prayers. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful and happy anniversary, dear Carry!
    Yes prayers are always helpful!
    Love and hugs and blessings to you!
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A happy one indeed!
    Take care.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Celebration... how wonderful a very special Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful Anniversary!! Praising God!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I'm glad all went well with your surgery, and you got this wonderful news.

    Yes, God is good.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...