January 23, 2019

Fiestaware Downsizing...


Over the years, I have accumulated alot of Fiestaware.
With a family of 7 ...and the comings and goings of friends
 and relatives...I used it all the time.

Sometimes I would decide to set the table using only 3 colors...
other times...I would use a rainbow of colors.
 I had the option of using different colors for different occasions.

Well I have decided it is time to downsize my collection.
I will keep the colors that work best for my color scheme and sell the others. 


The pieces have been carefully washed and are ready to list.
(there's even more not shown in photo)

I will most likely use  "Facebook Marketplace" or my local
neighborhood "Beg, Barter, Sell" to sell them.

I'm not feeling the whole packing + shipping on ebay or etsy.
(I have done lots of that!)

So heavy and breakable - a challenge to pack and hope it arrives 
to its new home safely!   We'll see??
(Any suggestion would be appreciated.)




Wish me luck...
regardless of what avenue I use to sell...
it will be a chore.

Staying Cozy,
(and hope you are too.)
Carrie

15 comments:

  1. Hubby bought me a ton of Fiestaware one Christmas...all mismatched colors and I really loved it for a long time. I still mix my dishes up, but those colors were grating on my nerves! I gave everything to my young niece who was moving in to her first apartment. That was a win for me. I have so many dishes...I just know that I would feel better if I donated some so that another person or family could enjoy them. And if we all dug around, there are many great ways to sell---my daughter sells her little girl's outgrown clothes on a Facebook page.

    Staying warm, I hope!!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You really had a lot of pieces!! I have a few but in yellow and green.....Wishing you luck with selling them! I am sure you will do well....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good luck on your sale. But the extra money will be good after all the work of shipping.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed on the selling of your pretties. I love all the blue sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Carrie, I am stopping by to say HI and thank you for visiting my blog:) Your collection is gorgeous. Good luck with the selling, someone will be happy to have them. Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful collection! I can remember a time when I craved those dishes. Through the years, I've gone white with a little blue thrown in. Putting you on my blog list so I don't miss a post. Love your cozy cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck. I hope you're able to sell your Fiestaware quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Down-sizing is difficult sometimes. But, down-size we must. Thanks for your stop by on my blog and the nice comment you left. I DID get that oven clean! And, I did not dread it as much as I thought I would. So having a boss telling me what to do (the slips of paper) is a good thing. I hope you will drop by often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck in selling, Carrie! I've been decluttering, too. It feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the extra pieces are easier to sell than you think. I've hesitated putting dishes for sale on eBay for the same reason. Thanks for stopping by Buttercupland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all goes well with your sale.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck I just know they will all find a "new" home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck I hope you sale all of it. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a nice collection of fiestaware. The blue is striking, and the aqua is really pretty. I hope you get what you want for them, and it's great that you're trying to sell them first.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...