January 20, 2019

Jumpin' Java...

Playing games with a large group or even just two can really be food for the soul.
 And some games are more fun to play just because they are so darn cute...


Like this one.... Jumpin' Java
I mean the little cups and saucers...and the wooden box!


It's almost as much fun sitting on the shelf as it is to play!
But don't let your games just get dusty sitting on a shelf.


Reach out and invite someone over for "Game Night" or "Afternoon Cards".


Remember how much fun Lucy and Ethel had at the card table!
They just set up the table in the living room of their New York apartment,
nothing fancy, and had a ball playing cards, catching up and laughing.

Last night we played a game of "Gimme 5" with some dear friends.
It was an old game my friend, Peggy found when cleaning out her mother's
 home last summer.

There were just four of us...chilled wine and some chips + dip.

We LaUgHeD so much our sides ached!

And you know what they say,
"Laughter is the best medicine!"

It really is...so grab a board game or a deck of cards and
 invite someone over.

You certainly won't regret it...it's even good for your abs!

Stay Cozy and have a good laugh today.
♥ Carrie 

9 comments:

  1. That is excellent advice. I like some games but not all. But as you said, laughter is the best medicine. Just saw the movie "Upside" and laughed a lot in it. It's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute blog and your sunshine personality.
    Mr. Sweet and I used to have so much fun playing games with friends...then, with our kids and grands. I miss that.
    I do play Bunco with two groups of the BEST gals...we play but mostly we eat and laugh.
    I belong to 2 groups so that's 22 people I get with once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute game we love to play cards and games but it's been awhile I guess it it time to play again
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Games are always a good time, Carrie! We like to play them at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, I've never heard of Jumpin' Java before. It sounds delightful, and the cups and saucers are cute. How nice that you got together with some of your dear friends. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Fun Carrie. So fun to do things like a game night with friends.
    Happy New Week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a darling game! Have never heard of it but you're right... the box, and cups and saucers are half the fun. I used to play games years ago with my ex and friends. We always had a blast. Found out a few years later than my ex and the other gal's husband cheated all the time at Pinochle! We played lots of board games when I was a kid.. with my 3 sisters and parents. Haven't done that for years and years.. hubby isn't "into" card games at all.. used to love Yahtzee and a game called "dig" when I was young. "Dig" was a blast... you had letters on little squares and dumped them all in a pile in the middle.. then used little sticks with a cork end and sticky.. so you could pick up the letter tiles.. and the clue would be to make a word, such as "what fruit is long and yellow?" and everyone would scramble to "dig" for the letters to make the word. Lots of good memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your "Dig" games sounds like alot of fun too, Marilyn. Playing games really does make memories. We are all thinking of trying Pinoche next time (no cheating I hope haha) ♥

      Delete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...