January 21, 2019

"Jenny Can Cook" ...and you can too...


Homemade bread right out of the oven is sooo yummy.
And what a perfect time of year for baking.


Remember the Jenny Jones show?

about6

Jenny had a very popular talk show for 10 years,
"Always relaxing on the weekends", she said, by cooking!
Jenny was also a talented comedian, singer and a drummer.

In fact, in 1986 Jenny appeared on TV’s Star Search
 winning the comedy grand prize!

Since retiring...Jenny started a cooking blog filled with many 
wonderful recipes and videos.
 Jenny says her father was the cook in the family, 
sparking her lifelong interest in cooking.

Jenny Can Cook

She is routinely approached by companies who would 
like to advertise on her site or pay her for endorsements
 but she always declines. “I am not here to make money,” 
says Jenny. “l simply love to cook and my only goal is
 to share what I love and to motivate more people 
to cook at home. 
It’s one more way I can give back.”


In 2013, Jenny requested and was given permission from
 her publisher to share all of the recipes in 
her cookbook for free on her website!

Jenny Can Cook (her website)

This no knead bread recipe is just one of them...
and it is a cinch!


I baked some for my hubby and I yesterday...
and enjoyed some yummy toast this morning!

Thank you, Jenny!

Happy Baking,
Carrie


10 comments:

  1. I remember watching Jenny Jones when I was a kid when school was out for the Summer. I never knew she had a cooking blog and videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has alot of fun info about her life and career as well as all her recipes and cooking tips!

      Delete
  2. I do not know Jenny but I know that bread it is wonderful!!! I will have to check her out. I made bread I dug out my bread machine because I saw a recipe on King Arthur's facebook page
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to say I've never heard of Jenny Jones, but I sure want to look at her web site. I could use help in the baking department.That bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do remember her!
    And I am going to check out her blog.
    Thank you for sharing, and enjoy a slice of that delicious bread with some peanut butter for me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious, just looking at it makes me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting story. I am not familiar with her though....Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post about Blogging. I plan on do a follow up post on it. I am now following you wherever I can!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know Jenny, but I've made a similar bread from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, and It is so easy and good! I'll check out her website, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, your bread is making my mouth water. It looks so good. There's nothing like warm homemade bread with a slab of butter. I haven't had it in a long time. How wonderful that you baked some recently.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do remember her vaguely. How neat that she is cooking and share just for the joy of it! Unfortunately, I can't eat any wheat breads.. and now have been not even eating gluten free breads.. am trying to be grain free for awhile so see if it helps my fibromyalgia and pain from it. But I do drool every time I see a piece of homemade bread slathered with butter! Oh how I miss it!

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...