April 30, 2012

Recipe-a Day...

APR 30  Raisin Day
 
The word raisin is stolen word from the French.
Raisin in French literally means grape; pretty simple since they are dried grapes!
As a child I never liked carrot raisin salad...but I love this new
 lighter & fresher version...sans the mayo.


Carrot-Pineapple Slaw, adapted from Cooking Light
1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
1/3 cup raisins
5 oz matchstick-cut carrots
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh pineapple juice
1 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
salt and black pepper, to taste
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine oil and next 3 ingredients (through pineapple juice), stirring with a whisk. Add oil mixture to carrot mixture; toss well. Add parsley, salt, and pepper; toss well. Cover and chill.

Stay Cozy, 
Carrie

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Hope you're doing well! Looks good, but I don't like raisins or pineapple :( No one can understand the pineapple thing and I don't either! Maybe because when we were kids, there were so many of us that we didn't have lots of choices. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good and it's something I could make sugar free! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy...sounds like summertime on a plate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Ken would enjoy this!

    Hope all is well.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good to me
    Can't wait to try this
    My husband loves raisins!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I'm not a huge fan of raisins, I loooove pineapple. Looks healthy and very refreshing!


    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. well that sounds easy enough (and tasty)

    ReplyDelete

It warms my heart to see you have taken the time to leave me a message here...If you are new here I will be sure to stop by and visit...and for my friends...I will pop over a see what you are doing too♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...